Safety-Play Shots Part 1
Safety-Play Drill No. 1
- The game is 8-Ball.
- The 8 ball is blocking the 6 ball into the corner pocket.
- You cannot see the 7 ball to make it.
- Set up opponent to foul, forcing ball-in-hand for better run out
- Nip the 6 ball, causing it to soft roll and push out 7 ball.
- Let the cue ball bank into the bottom rail with enough speed to roll up
tight behind the 8 ball.
Comments: Let the 7 ball will stop the 6 ball. Your main concern is
the cue ball speed needed to get in tight behind the 8 ball. The thinner you nip
the 6 ball, the less Inside English you'll need to turn the cue ball up toward
the 8 ball.
You’ll find this other safety-play drills in Pro Skill Drills, Volume 5,
the Book and DVD, 55 Safety Play Shots, endorsed by Nick Varner.